As a parent it's important to support the development of body confidence in your teenager. Preventing negative body image is so important as it can make a teenager less likely to develop an eating disorder. Watch this video to learn how to identify the risk factors and encourage positive self-esteem and body image.
In this video you will learn:
- What body image is and why it’s important to young people's lives
- Things in young people's lives which might lead issues with body image
- Ways in which a young person's internal thoughts might lead to negative body image
- Strategies for parents which can help with negative body image
- Some important insights from Danielle, a young person who has recovered from an eating disorder
- About support services which might help parents and teenagers who need further help