What is ReachOut Parents?
ReachOut Parents provides information, tools and resources to help parents and carers support the 12-18 year-olds in their family environment.
On ReachOut Parents you will find:
- fact sheets, stories, practical tips and tools covering a range of topics, issues and experiences that are relevant to teenagers aged 12-18 years
- an online community forum where you can talk to other parents about your experiences and work through your concerns in a safe, anonymous environment.
The aim of ReachOut Parents is to help you:
- develop and maintain secure and stable relationships with your teenager by learning more about what they might be experiencing or issues they might be going through
- support your teenager and teach them how to seek help and work through issues independently
- learn about mental health issues that often have their onset during adolescence, including what to be aware of, and how to get help for your teenager if and when they need it
- improve the wellbeing and resilience of your whole family.
The information available at ReachOut Parents is evidence-based and underpinned by evaluation and research. ReachOut Parents is not a counselling or crisis service: if you need urgent help or you want to talk to someone immediately, see our emergency contacts page.
Who runs ReachOut Parents?
ReachOut is the most accessed online mental health service for young people and their parents in Australia. Our trusted self-help information, peer-support program and referral tools save lives by helping young people be well and stay well. The information we offer parents makes it easier for them to help their teenagers, too.
We’ve been championing wider access to mental health support since we launched our online service more than 20 years ago. Everything we create is based on the latest evidence and is designed with experts, and young people or their parents. This is why our service is trusted, relevant and so easy to use.
Accessed by more than 2 million people in Australia each year, ReachOut is a free service that’s available anytime and pretty much anywhere.
Find out more about ReachOut.
Support ReachOut Parents
Donate to ReachOut Australia and help ensure that young Australians and their parents can access help through ReachOut.com.
Raise money for ReachOut. Join an event or create your own then rally your community together while raising funds for ReachOut. We’ll support you all the way with tips, support and will cheer you on as you reach your fundraising goal!
Spread the word about ReachOut Parents. Like or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Sign up to get our latest news, wellbeing tips, updates and appeals for action through our regular newsletters. We also send the occasional invite to get involved or opportunities for you to spread the word so that we can reach more young people.
Want to chat with us about a story you’re writing? Head to our media centre and get in touch.
Before getting in touch, please check out our FAQs to see if your question has already been answered.
- Job opportunities and internships: Check out the employment section on the ReachOut Australia website for vacant positions.
- Research projects: Check out the FAQs.
- Media centre: Want to chat with us about a story you’re writing? Head to our media centre and get in touch.
- Order merchandise: Spread the word about ReachOut.com in your community by distributing our promotional material. Complete an order form.
- Looking to partner with ReachOut: Check out the partnership section on the ReachOut Australia website.
Please note that we cannot provide support for mental health difficulties through this website. ReachOut Parents is not a crisis service and does not provide one-on-one support or counselling. If you’re looking for online counselling support, check out our getting help section for more information and relevant services.
If you need urgent help or you want to talk to someone immediately, see our emergency contacts page.
If you would like to learn more or to chat to us, please feel free to contact us.
Stay in touch