Volunteer with ReachOut to support other parents
Become an online Parent Peer Supporter
ReachOut Parents are looking for parents who are interested in volunteering a small amount of time to help other parents. The role is an online Parent Peer Supporter and you can apply here.
ReachOut is Australia’s leading online mental health organisation for young people and their parents. We know that parents are often the first place that young people turn to for support and that many parents feel like they don’t have enough skills or information to provide the level of support they would like to. ReachOut Parents Online Community gives parents an opportunity to discuss all sorts of tricky issues and to hear suggestions from other parents who have had experiences of their own.
Parent Peer Supporters are parents or carers of teenagers who volunteer in the ReachOut Parents Online Community for a minimum of 2 hours per week.
What is a Parent Peer Supporter?
- You care for a teenager regularly
- You can attend the training – 10am to 5pm Saturday the 24th of June and Saturday the 1st of July in Sydney. All costs covered.
- You have access to a computer.
- You have 2 hours a week to volunteer from home.
- You have a genuine desire to support parents.
If this sounds like you, please click here to register.